Follow by Email

Monday, November 5, 2012

Blog It! Week - Start Up Success!

About Blog it! Week Join Young Female Entrepreneurs the week of November 5th through the 9th in getting to know and learn from our peers through blogging. Each day YFE has a unique blog theme setup. Write on the subject and visit YFE on Facebook at Facebook.com/yfentrepreneur. Find the post pinned to the top and comment with a link to your blog post that corresponds with the day’s theme! Check out what others have written and watch for a recap of the day’s posts on the YFE Blog. Let’s meet one another over more than just 140 characters.

Start Up Success!
We all want success and have to work so hard for it.  When the ties that bound me down in the tanning industry set me free, it was time to create.  The first three months during our creative phase and launch, I was told at every turn, I was doing something wrong.  I wasn't actually doing something wrong, I was just doing it differently than another person might.  I was amazed at how people were quick to pass judgement on products and services on which they had no insight.  After a while, it starts to wear one down, makes you defensive and takes the joy out of your work.

Staying passionate about my work is the key to my success.....whether it is a client looking amazingly gorgeous after getting a tan with my products, or a "stay-at-home" mom branching out with a side job and becoming a mobile tanner, dependent upon our training, products, and equipment to make her business flourish.  It's hard however to stay passionate about work, if you continually let people get you down.

To stay passionate: 
  • Remind yourself daily why you are doing this, the motive behind your decision.
  • Breathe.
  • Breathe again.
  • Don't take it to heart if your staff is not as passionate as you are about your business.
  • Take time for yourself, away from your business.
-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Kelly! You hit the nail on the head. People can be very quick to pass judgement on how you run your business without knowing the whole story behind your decisions. I love your ideas to help stay passionate and I thank you for sharing your story.

    ~ Staci

    ReplyDelete